A video without music isn’t appealing, is it? Content creators are always on the hunt for the right music to put into the video. Similarly, you need a suitable tune only at all times. An unsuitable tune into it, and the whole video is a waste. To help the video perform according to your expectations, you need to download copyright-free music. This is available on websites where this music is freely available without any issues. The music is actually listed on it for the exact same reason. No issues of copyright are raised, when listed on such a website. Into this era of video marketing, it has become a necessity for all to download copyright-free music from various sources.
Those who know are well aware of the whereabouts to find the same. For those who don’t know or want to revise and update themselves,
Here are 7 Websites to Download Copyright-free Music for Free:
1. Free Music Archive (www.freemusicarchive.org):
Free Music Archive offers a vast collection of high-quality, legal audio downloads. It includes a wide range of genres, making it suitable for various projects.
2. Incompetech (www.incompetech.com):
Incompetech, created by composer Kevin MacLeod, provides an extensive library of royalty-free music. You can search by genre and mood to find the perfect track.
3. Jamendo (www.jamendo.com):
Jamendo offers a diverse selection of music, with a focus on independent artists. It provides tracks under various licenses, including some that are free for commercial use. This is one of the best websites to download copyright-free music.
4. YouTube Audio Library (www.youtube.com/audiolibrary):
YouTube Audio Library offers a wide range of music and sound effects that are free to use in your YouTube videos and other projects. The variety offered by the YouTube audio library is extensive, which is a good option to use for content creators into their videos.
5. Epidemic Sound (www.epidemicsound.com):
While Epidemic Sound primarily offers a paid subscription service, it provides a 30-day free trial period with access to its extensive music library. Again, an extensive music platform for you to do your job pretty well while you use this website for 1 month free as a trial.
6. SoundCloud (www.soundcloud.com):
SoundCloud features a mix of user-uploaded content, including tracks released under Creative Commons licenses, which can be used for free with proper attribution. Due to its unique features and good licencing facility, the ability to download copyright-free music gets enhanced.
7. CCMixter (www.ccmixter.org):
CCMixter specializes in Creative Commons music, offering a platform for musicians to share their work for various creative projects.
Understanding Copyright Issues
Before we explore websites to download copyright-free music, let’s delve into what copyright issues entail:
What Is Copyright?
Copyright is a legal protection granted to the creators of original works, including music, literature, art, and more. This protection grants creators exclusive rights to their work, including reproduction, distribution, performance, and adaptation.
Copyright Issues in Music
In the context of music, copyright issues primarily revolve around:
1. Composition Copyright:
The composition copyright pertains to the original melody, lyrics, and musical arrangement. It is typically owned by the songwriter or composer.
2. Sound Recording Copyright:
The sound recording copyright covers the specific recording of a musical work. This right usually belongs to the recording label or studio.
Consequences of Copyright Infringement
Using copyrighted music without proper authorization or licensing can lead to serious consequences, including:
- Legal Action: Copyright holders can take legal action against individuals or entities that infringe upon their rights. This can result in fines and penalties.
- Takedowns and Loss of Revenue: Platforms like YouTube and social media sites can remove content that uses copyrighted music without permission. Creators may also lose potential revenue.
- Reputation Damage: Infringing on copyright can damage your reputation, making it challenging to collaborate with artists, labels, or other content creators in the future. Artists, labels, or other similar entities hesitate to collaborate with you if there’s a copyright issue on you.
- Loss of Creative Control: Copyright holders can dictate how their music is used, limiting your creative control over your project. It leads to frustration and no job satisfaction.
Applying for Rights to an Audio Piece
In some cases, you may need to apply for rights to use a specific audio piece, even if it’s available on download copyright-free music websites. Here’s a general procedure:
- Identify the Copyright Holder: Determine who holds the rights to the music, whether it’s the composer, a recording label, or another entity.
- Contact the Copyright Holder: Reach out to the copyright holder to inquire about licensing or obtaining permission to use the music.
- Credit and Attribution: If required by the copyright holder, provide proper credit and attribution in your project.
- Obtain Written Permission: Ensure you have written documentation that outlines the agreement and permission to use the music.
Navigating the world of download copyright-free music is essential for content creators, as it ensures compliance with copyright laws and avoids the potential consequences of infringement. By using reputable websites offering copyright-free music, you can enhance your projects legally and ethically. Remember that understanding copyright issues, their consequences, and the procedure for obtaining rights to an audio piece when necessary is crucial for responsible and creative content production.
So, explore the websites mentioned in this article, discover the perfect soundtrack for your projects, and create with confidence, knowing that you’re respecting copyright laws and protecting your creative endeavors. Disrespecting the copyright laws will only create problems, while deteriorating your reputation as a content creator. So be mindful and do your job with remaining truthful and just.